Friday, December 18, 2009

Gamemand: Ico - 20091217

ICO left me with the same unnerving, pondering feeling that I got from the end of Shadow of the Colossus. The ending was far from tidy, and it left me wondering what really happened at the end. I liked it. Of course, this victory was marred by the frustration of the first hour.

You would think that with all the escape-the-room games I've played, I would be prepared for using off-kilter thinking, and I was. The one thing that I have finally learned is that I don't try solutions multiple times. When I finally cleared the roadstop, it was a solution that I had already tried. But instead of blaming the game like I usually do, I've just come to believe that sometimes there's an "exactly right" way to do things in some games, and it might take more precision to get the job done.

One week to play the first hour. A day to finish the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment