Sunday, September 28, 2008

8-bit Fidelity

I have an interesting relationship with Mega Man 9. The deaths are cheap, the checkpoints few and the patterns unforgiving. Yet, there have been several occasion where I've actually smiled after a die. I thinks it's because I understand that the old-school mechanics and difficulty were a design choice. This is the way the game was meant to be, and it's a welcome change of pace from the admittedly challenge-deprived Dark Cloud.
Still, with my rapidly growing list of games and even more rapidily growing list of responsibilities, I don't know if I'll be able to allocate the time  that Mega Man 9 deserves. Maybe once October 6 or 20 rolls around, though…

1 comment:

  1. Mega Man 9 deaths aren't cheap. But I forgive you, the assumption is a common mistake.

    ReplyDelete