Monday, February 12, 2007

Don't Believe the Hype

I went to see Chuck D speak tonight, which was pretty entertaining, if not a little longwinded. Plus, I didn't really hear anything I didn't already know. Mainly:
  • America is the least global, global nation.

  • I'm lucky to be in college.

  • Everything happening now is the previous generation's fault.

Seriously though, I'm glad I went. He had a lot to say about the current state of America. It wasn't just another public figure talking about how stupid America is, but the why and where of stupidity. Of course, it's been a while since I've been to a lecture like this, so for all I know, this could be the norm.

Also, I got to expand my vocabulary with some great, new phrases. Specifically, dumbassification, son of a Bush and negativ… sorry, niggativity.

With that, I leave you with a related track from what I'm beginning to suspect is my favorite album, The Wired CD. Here's No Meaning No by Chuck D with Fine Arts Militia.

No comments:

Post a Comment